Monday, September 26, 2016

Update from Azle, TX!

Hello Everyone!

This week was full of ups and downs. I mean they all are but this week
was a little strange.

Let's start with with the bad just to get it out of the way.
Unfortunately, Cutter dropped us. (Meaning: He doesn't want to see
 the missionaries anymore.) We were kind of expecting it. He
kept missing appointments the past couple weeks. He said he wants to
build a better relationship with his dad and we understand that. We
actually think it'll be good for him. We know he'll be baptized within
the next year.

On a brighter note CHRIS WAS BAPTIZED!!!! WOOHOO! It went really well
and we were so happy for him. When he bore his testimony he sounded
like he'd been a member of the church for years. The spirit was so
strong! And when he received the gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday I
was balling like a baby. I'm really glad that baptism happened because
this week was really hard for me mentally and spiritually. Honestly,
everything isn't as happy as I make it sound in my emails. There have
been some days where I want to call my mission president and say, "I'm
packing up my bags and going home!" That week before the baptism I was
having a really hard time. I wasn't sure why I'm here. Appointments
kept falling through, we knock on doors and people don't want to
listen to us, people are mean wherever we go, so there have been some
nights where I fall on my knees asking Heavenly Father, "Why on earth
did you send me here? I don't feel like I'm making a difference." Then
things like this happen, and I'm reminded that it's not all bad our
here. I am making a difference. Chris is being baptized and I helped
him. I'm so happy he's taking this step in his life and following
Jesus Christ.

I hope y'all have a great week! You're all in my prayers!

1 Nephi 3:7 "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I
will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know
that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he
shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which
he commandeth them."

Love,
Sister Poulton
Texas Fort Worth Mission
Weatherford Zone
Azle Area

1. Chris's baptism. His best friend Conrad baptized him. How awesome is that?!
2. Zone glow-in-the-dark scatter ball



No comments:

Post a Comment