Monday, March 20, 2017

Ask, "What can I learn from this?"

Hi everyone!

Wow this week was amazing! So much happened! First off, we had Zone
Conference again and as always it was one of the most spiritual
meetings ever ☺️ We talked a lot about the power of prayer and I've
definitely noticed a difference in my prayers this week. Rather than
just listing a lot of things when you pray, take time to think about
what you're praying for and express how you really feel about that
situation. Then once you've finished praying, don't just stand up and
get to work, take time to think and listen for the spirit and the
answers Heavenly Father is giving you. It's taken some time, but I can
now say I enjoy praying and listening for the spirit that comes with
it.

On Saturday we had the opportunity to hear from the apostle Elder
Ronald A. Rasband! And I got to shake his hand! Aah! It was amazing to
hear an apostle speak to us about how we can improve ourselves as
missionaries and allow our faith to grow. One thing he focused on was
the fact that you're where you are and with the people you're with for
a reason. When things are bad, don't ask, "Heavenly Father why am I in
this situation?" Instead ask, "Heavenly Father what do you want me to
learn from this?" That's so true in life! We all have challenges and
hard times, but we can all agree that we come out of those hard times
stronger than we were before. Some other general authorities came and
spoke too! It was an amazing opportunity that not many people have!
I'm so grateful for it!

Today is the 20th which means I entered the MTC 8 months ago. Wow. Has
it really been 8 months?! Time is going by so fast! You can learn so
much in just a few months it's CRAZY!!

I'm so happy I have the opportunity to be a missionary and be a part
of the Lord's work. I've seen God's hand in people's lives and feel
the love He has for everyone. He loves all of us so much we can't
fathom it! Not only does He love you but I do too! You're all amazing
and I'm so glad you're a part of my life.

Be safe! You're amazing! Keep praying and being awesome! You're really
good at it!

Love,
Sister Poulton
Texas Fort Worth Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment