Sunday, January 15, 2017

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas! Week of 12/5/2016

Hey Everybody!
I just want to start out by saying how much I LOVE Christmas! It's an amazing time to think of our Savior Jesus Christ. As missionaries of course we think about Christ all the time, but you can see the light of Christ in everyone at this time of year! People are more kind, more generous, more willing to give and think of others. For that reason it's my favorite time of the year.

Good news!! We have a new investigator! Her name is Carolyn and we found her while tracting! During our first lesson with her she was agreeing with everything and really felt the spirit! It was such a great lesson! She even agreed to be baptized at the end of January! We're so excited for her and the steps she's taking! Very rarely do you find someone like this while tracting.

I can now really see that the Lord blesses us for our hard work. We felt like we were hitting a brick-wall. We couldn't find anyone, our investigators weren't keeping commitments, no one's come to church enough times to be baptized this month (the mission goal is to have a baptism every month,) and we've really been upset about it. Well, I can't speak for Sister Marks, I have been really upset about it. But we found Carolyn, and I was reminded why I'm here. People are ready to hear the gospel, and they need to hear it from us. After all that hard work, the Lord blessed both us and Carolyn. I know I'm out here for a reason, and that reason is to invite others to come unto Christ.
I love all of you so much! I hope you're enjoying this Christmas season! Happy Holidays!

Love,
Sister Poulton
Texas Fort Worth Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment