Friday, August 11, 2017

1 Year Down! July 24, 2017

Hello Friends and Family!

Wow! Have I really been serving my mission for a whole year?! Where
has the time gone?!?! I've had some amazing experiences and met
incredible people. And the best part is, I'm not done! I still have 6
months to enjoy all of it! It's amazing how time flies. Don't waste a
second because you won't get it back!

Now onto this week! I totally forgot to talk about Jason last week.
He's an investigator who's been taking the lessons for some time now.
He's amazing and has a really strong testimony of the gospel. The only
thing stopping him from being baptized is his parents. His dad is
Atheist and his mom is part of another faith and DO NOT approve of
Jason taking the lessons and coming to church with us. During district
meeting someone suggested we fast for him. We brought it up in our
next lesson with Jason and he thought it was a good idea. So the three
of us, Jason, the elders, and the senior couple serving in our ward
met up and started a fast. We fasted for his parent's heart to be
softened and see how happy he's become, and for Jason to have the
courage to talk to them about baptism. We don't know if he's talked to
them yet, but we've been praying for all of them everyday.

A miracle occurred! Knocking on doors looking for YSA aged people is
kind of tricky, but we decided to anyway. We found an amazing guy
named Deandre! Well, first we knocked on his door and he had a blanket
wrapped around him and said, "Sorry I just woke up. Can you come back
in 45 minutes?" Haha! Sure! We came back and taught him an amazing
lesson! He was so excited to read the Book of Mormon when we gave it
to him! He told us he's gone through a lot of rough things in life but
he's in a good place now. He then said, "I feel like God sent you here
for a reason." Wh..wh..WHAT??? This is the kind of thing you only read
about in the Ensign of something! I felt prompted to ask him to be
baptized by the Priesthood authority and he accepted!! He's going to
be baptized August 19th!!! AAAAHHH!!!! The entire time I was sitting
there thinking, "Is this real life??" I wanted to cry! Follow the
promptings!

God really loves all of His children and wants us all to return to
Him. That's what we're here to help with. When you work hard and
follow the promptings you receive, you'll see miracles. I promise you
that.

I love all of you! Have a great week and keep your chin up! Love you ❤️


Sister Poulton
Texas Fort Worth Mission

Pictures!
1.) Cowboys Stadium!
2.) Selfie
3-4.) I don't know which one describes our companionship better 😂
5-7.) Was this really a year ago??









No comments:

Post a Comment