Monday, August 28, 2017

Transfers ALREADY - August 21, 2017

Hi Everyone!

So much has happened this week! Where do I begin?!

Okay let's start with Wesley! Before he even asked his question we've been waiting to hear FOREVER he said, "Now before I ask I just want to say I know I'm going to be baptized." Aaah! His question was, "Do we need to be perfect in order to be baptized?" Great question! We need to repent of anything we need to repent of, then after we're baptized we continue to repent if we need to. That's enduring to the end! No one expects us to be perfect but that's what we're striving for. That's why we have repentance! It's amazing! He looked relieved when we said that. We then continued talking about baptism and the blessings and requirements that come with it and.....WE SET A DATE FOR SEPTEMBER 23RD!!! Woohoo!! And more good news is he came to church on Sunday! Aaah! It was his first time and he loved it! We're so excited for his baptism! Wesley is amazing! He asks all the right questions and he's so in-tune with the spirit! So excited for Sep. 23rd!!

We had another lesson with Bob and we asked him if he prayed. He said he thought about it and wasn't sure if he was ready. He asked us about having doubts and if doubts were from Satan. We had a really good discussion about turning to God when you have doubts or questions. It's human to have questions. The key is to turn to the Lord when we have questions because He has all the answers. That's true for all of us in life. We all have questions, doubts, and fears, and because of those we must ask ourselves, "Am I going to let this turn me towards God or away from God?" Your first source for a question should not be Wikipedia or your friends, it should be the one who has all the right answers. And He may not answer you as fast as you want or give you the answer you wanted to hear, but whatever happens it's what the Lord knows is best for you.

Okay now the moments you've all been waiting for......transfers. Sister Thomson is leaving and she's going to be a trainer! I know she will be amazing! A more surprising note is....I'm leaving too. We were all shocked! We found out a little while ago Sis. Thomson's leaving because she's going to train so I thought I was going to stay here a while. I also have that pattern of being in areas for 6 months. Totally thought this was going to be my last area! Well I guess the Lord has other plans. I'm going to a little town called Coppera's (pronounced Copper's) Cove. It's at the very bottom of the mission and I've heard the southern half of the mission is CRAZY!! I'm really excited!

I am really sad to be leaving Arlington. I'm so excited for Wesley's baptism and I was really excited to see him be baptized! Well it's okay. I still taught him and I know Sis. Clonts and the other Sister coming in will take care of him. I'm also really sad to leave these sisters. We've grown so close and I've learned so much from each of them. I can believe it's already been 6 weeks! It's been amazing!

Wow have I really not told y'all about our mission's new goal? I'm a slacker haha! At the beginning of August we set a goal to have at least 101 baptisms by the end of October. Unfortunately we didn't quite reach the 100 goal by the end of July, but it's okay we still had 91! And that goal brought so many miracles and really unified the mission! This time we're still sacrificing something and we can keep the same sacrifice or start a new one. My sacrifice of my will is a life-long sacrifice so I think that'll stay the same, but I still wanted to give up something new for the new goal. I was praying about it and Heavenly Father told me what it should be: peanut butter. I was trying to avoid his answer but we all know how that goes! So for 3 months I won't be eating peanut butter and if you know me that's really hard. I love peanut butter. A lot. A LOT! But it's for those who are ready to hear the restored gospel and be baptized by someone holding the Priesthood authority of God. Here it goes!

Well that's all I have for this week! I love all of you and I hope your week is awesome! Remember who you are and who your Heavenly Father is! Love you! ❤️

Sister Poulton
Texas Fort Worth Mission

Pictures!
1.) I love our District!
2.) longest, coolest chalk drawing ever! I'm so proud of us!
3.) Helped someone move in!
4.) More chalk ☺️

No comments:

Post a Comment